Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Rog



Okay, so we're getting ready for our big trip to Birmingham via ATL this weekend so that we can go to the Davis Cup Tournament between the US and Switzerland on Friday. We were oh-so-excited b/c we were going to see our most favorite professional tennis player, The Rog (and selected others, including A-Rod and Jimmy Blake -- oh, to be a member of the Blake J-Block!!).

If you know us well, you know that we were thisclose to naming our little Brendan Roger, after Roger Federer. But, we were pretty much talked out of it, but it's still in the running for future children!!! (note to those wishing to name your own children: DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT tell anyone what you're thinking of naming your kid before they're born -- people, including family, will JUDGE and not hesitate to tell you what they think!!!) (also note: if it's a boy next, we're telling everyone his name is SUE. If you get that reference, you get 100 points -- keep track of your score at home.)

Anyway, we think that maybe we jinxed Rog after wanting to name our baby after him, b/c he did not have as successful of a year as usual (as if three FINALS in major championships and ONLY one major win was "not successful"?!!! Sheesh). And THEN, he had to go and decide to not compete in the tournament b/c he has a "bad back". Whatev. I'm sure it's just because Birmingham isn't cosmopolitan enough for his gal Mirka to go shopping. Nah, not really; he just might really be injured.

So, even though we're a little bummed to miss out on seeing Federer in person, here is an homage to The Rog. We wish your "bad back" is feeling better soon...

4 comments:

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Sorry, that was me^^...totally botched the comment. Anyway, what I was saying is I was pulling for him to be named Roger--loved the idea--so I hope you're not referring to me here!! But this was in fact the reason we told NO ONE what Ben was to be named.

"cable"

Becky said...

we weren't going to name him Cable, that was just my verfi word...I just realied how that reads...

Becky said...

"REALIZED"...my Z key sticks

Geez, how many more things can I add to this litany???