Monday, March 9, 2009

Our Weekend in Review

So, we're back, after a whirlwind weekend of tennis, family, and food =) Here I am, with my girl Jen, while A-Rod is being interviewed on the court down there. If you look close enough, you can see him! (and the Gimmelstobber too! 50 points if you know who that is!)
We made it to the Davis Cup and saw U.S.'s best compete against Switzerland (but not quite their best -- see "The Rog" below).
Anyway, first up was James Blake, and while he did not win his match, he played well (for three hours or so?) and provided a great match for us to watch. Stan (the Man) Wawrinka beat him in four sets. But, here is a pic of Blake serving. While our seats were almost at the top of the arena (and Lee commented that "it's just like watching them on TV!"), Jen and I did sneak down to the lower level and took some pictures during Blake's match. I'm almost done with Blake's book, "Breaking Back", and it's a good read about his overcoming a broken neck and a serious illness that kept him out of competition for 2004. Anyway, he seems like a nice guy, so it was fun watching him in person. AND, we got to see Side-Show-Blake, so that was fun (another 50 points if you know who THAT is!).Here is Andy Roddick, after he won his match in three sets. By the time he played, I was zoning out b/c of tennis fatigue (it's hard work watching those guys!), so that's why I didn't get any "close-ups" of A-Rod during his match (this was as close as I got -- a pic of Roddick on the jumbo-tron...talk about lazy!?). Maybe Jen got some better shots when he played again on Sunday.Then, after a delish dinner at Ruby Tuesday's (yes, we hit the hot-spots in B-ham) w/Jen and Lee, DH and I headed back to his parents'. We finally arrived at 1 am, and boy, we were tired -- again, watching tennis wears you out! I'm so lucky b/c David drove us all the way back and he's a trooper - I sooo would've kicked his butt if he had fallen asleep on me if I was driving (nope, I couldn't make it the 2.5 hours back, and promptly fell asleep as soon as he said I could). THANKS, DEAR!
Then, on Saturday, we hung out with David's parents and his sister, Becky, and her youngest, Ben. He's about a year younger than Matthew, but they had a great time together. Here they are at their "gas station", and heaven forbid you actually try to use the golf clubs (aka: oil dispensers) for anything other than golf. Sorry, little Brendan =(
Here is the B-man, driving his own car, but he (intelligently) stayed away from the "gas station". The smarts are good in that one (heheh).
Becky made some yummy chicken-pot-pie, that I did NOT get a picture of b/c I ate it too quickly, but thanks again for making our dinner Becky! I, of course, offered to wash dishes in thanks, but had too much to drink at dinner, so no one let me handle the breakable stuff. Hmmm, planned?
And some more pics of the B-man, wearing a "bath-robe" (seriously, who thinks a baby needs a robe; it's called a TOWEL people!), that has been in his room for months, but I forgot to put it on him until after he turned one. Uh, it's a size "0-9 months", so it's a little small for my oh-so-giant children.
And the only thing I can think of saying for this next picture is: "ROCK-EEE ROOOHDDD?!" (again, if you're playing along and know the reference, give yourself 200 points -- prizes to be awarded at the year-end banquet) Currently, B has only 2.5 teeth: one on the bottom left, half of one on the bottom right and then another little fang on the top right. But he is DARN CUTE, if I do say so myself =)

1 comments:

Becky said...

Funny b/c you gave P a robe when he was born!!! maybe you're just more practical now??? j/k

Cute pics!