This past week was our college's Spring Break, and we took a few days to crash Gigi and Grampa's party at the beach. THANKS AGAIN for letting us come down =) This was Brendan's second trip to the beach (he was about 4 months old last time, so I'm sure he's forgotten all about it by now) and Matthew's gazillionth time at the beach (we've totally lost count). Anyway, the big attraction for us this time was the bikes that the g-rents rented. Both kids LOVED riding on the back of the bikes for lengthy bike rides. Good times had by all. (and I've learned that even though my bottom has lots of extra padding -- thanks, McDonald's! -- it hurts my butt (and still hurts, days later) to ride the bike for a long time. I'll have to work on that...)
And yes, it was very cold when I took this picture. Thus, Brendan's babushka (sp?) and the wintry hat that Gigi is wearing -- so cold that we didn't even venture anywhere near the ocean on our last day of "spring break".
However, it WAS very warm the first day that we arrived at the beach, so here are some pics from that adventure. Brendan LOVED the water and couldn't get enough of it. We would just get him turned around, heading back toward the shovels and buckets, and he'd realize we weren't watching and then he'd turn back and start "running" (as much as he "runs") toward the wide open water. He didn't mind falling into the water either. He had a great time. Eating sand. Touching seashells. Wandering toward dead jellyfish. Lovely.
And here is Matthew, cheesing for the camera. He loved the beach as well, playing "games" with the ocean, trying to outrun the waves and score "points". He's growing up so quickly.
And a parting shot. Too cute. I think I'll blow this one up for a wall somewhere around here...
2 comments:
Beach pics do make the best wall pics!
Hi Becky,
Just wanted to share: "lionsup".
Post a Comment