Okay, so Brendan's first birthday is on Wednesday, which, if you didn't know, is Ash Wednesday, and it means no cake (or much of anything else for that matter). Soooo, being the Publix-cake-lover that I am, I thought that we should get his cake today (Sunday), so we could enjoy it for a couple of days.
So, we started with gifts, and his favorite, by far, is the "sports center" from Gramma Jules (who is here this week too, so that's fun). Anyway, both boys were loving the basketball hoop that counts your score each time you make another basket. And I think Brendan would've shot hoops all night, if we hadn't pulled him away for dinner and cake.
Thus, the cake pictures:
First, he started out slow, almost as if he was asking, "what is this stuff?"
Then, after I took a little taste and showed him that you actually EAT the cake, a.k.a. icing (b/c really, that's the best part of Publix cake), he started to really get into it.
Literally, getting into the cake.
And, the money shot, at the end of the evening, right before the bath.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (in a few days!), Big Money!!!
1 comments:
The bib with the built-in long sleeves was very effective. I'd recommend it for all one-year-old birthday parties.
Post a Comment