So, I am always being annoyed by many things, including my students, but I'll ignore them for a few and talk about other "idiot awards" that I'd like to give out today.
First, to the MORON who was crossing a busy campus street yesterday (he's not MY student, so he can be considered for these awards): DON'T STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD (thus in front of ME, who had to stop quickly for your sorry @$$) to light up your STUPID CIGARETTE! I mean, I don't know what will kill you first, the 2000 pound weapon screeching to a halt inches away from your body, or the CANCER-STICK? Or, sadly, a combination of BOTH. Oy.
Second, to the young gal who was skipping high school on Monday (oh wait, it was a holiday, okay, you're sort of forgiven) at Target. It was only about 40 degrees out, but you were wearing a hoodie sweatshirt, basketball shorts and UGG boots. REALLY? Is this a becoming look? Apparently, your BFF thinks so b/c she was wearing the same thing, except for knee-high suede boots WITH FRINGE. I don't get it.
Third, to anyone who says Relator. It's REAL-tor, people!? (sorry if you're a friend and you say this; I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just stating a fact.)
Finally, to anyone who works at a gas station or in the produce department at the grocery store and you write 0.99 cents for the price of some item. COME ON! It's $0.99 or 99 cents. SO WRONG that I'm often compelled to go to the customer service counter (at the grocery store; there is only customer no-service at the gas station). But, I refrain from doing so b/c I think I just might enjoy complaining about it enough that I don't comment on it at the store. However, Publix does have a policy that says if the price marked is different than what rings up at the register, they are supposed to give the item to you for free. I would SOO take them up on it, but I fear that trying to explain my rationale to them would make my head explode, and who really wants to clean that up? Plus, the boys would need to find a ride home and I still haven't taught Matthew our phone number...
Who is the big winner of today's idiot award? Your thoughts?
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Idiots.
Posted by Sandi at 4:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment