So, this morning, while I was preparing my new "diet" of whole grain cereal (Kashi -- tastes like sticks), I thought, "hey! I'll add some of these little craisins that Matthew raves about!! Maybe it'll break up the taste of forest floor in my mouth!"
After putting about 15 in the bowl, they promptly floated to the bottom of the cereal. Oh well. Yet, there was one stuck to my hand (sticky little suckers!), so I popped it in my mouth and the (vague) memories (that I haven't blacked-out as a result of an intoxicated haze) of Clemson Ultimate Happy Hour(s) came flooding back. Ooooh, boy, the cranberry and vodka -- my favorite drink of all time (sorry, Diet Coke, but please know that you are my favorite drink when I'm actually driving the kids around).
So, then, I started thinking..."what if I left some craisins in a little glass of vodka, to soak up the vodka??? Could that be a nice little substitute??" Alas, I did not act upon this idea b/c
a) we have no vodka in the house (imagine that? David is really smart);
b) the liquor store was closed at breakfast time; and
c) I refuse to take the children into said liquor store to indulge in my stupid fantasies...
Oh well. Maybe now David will have an idea of what to get me for Valentine's Day. A girl can dream.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
My friend, Tom Collins
Posted by Sandi at 2:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
David blogs about the drug years of the 60's and you are blogging about drinking at 8:30...hmmmmmmmm...we'll not let Gigi hear about this...
haha! LOL
oh, and Kashi ROCKS. I <3 it.
Post a Comment